Italy - Tuscany - Florence - San Casciano Val di Pesa
Energy Performance Index
Gas Emission Class
Gas Emission Performance Index
Read moreRead less
Casale for sale in the Chianti area of over 1200 square meters, situated in a dominant position on a hill overlooking the valley offering splendid views. Surrounded by one hectare of land - among olive groves and woods - the farmhouse is divided into 8 cadastral units for a total of 37 rooms, 27 of which have been completely renovated and which are currently divided into two housing units:
- The main house of over 500 square meters, is characterized by the charm of the restructuring, which has meticulously maintained the signs of the past such as the ancient portico, the well and the oven built at the beginning of the 1400s, up to the tower of 1100 and the elegant internal arches. The interior furnishings that the current owner has managed to combine with the original structure, between the floors, beams and ancient fireplaces, are very impressive.
- The guest house of 170 square meter, also the result of a recovery and a restructuring alternating with furnishing solutions that make it charming and comfortable.
The property has great potential for expansion and transformation into accommodation, resulting from the renovation of the remaining 10 rooms, nine of which were renovated in the attics and roofs and one completely to be restored. The property includes a large wine cellar, three cellars, a large courtyard paved with ancient stone, in addition to the well, the oven and a large parking area.
San Casciano Val di Pesa, in the heart of Tuscany - between Florence and Siena - is among the most important towns in the Chianti area and among the oldest, as evidenced by findings from the Etruscan period.
Born as a classic market town, but vulnerable to attacks by enemy forces, San Casciano, became - like many other cities on the Florentine border - a strategic military outpost aimed at protecting the medieval city of Florence.
Reason for which the imposing walls were born, which still today characterize the beauty of the town center and the subsequent works such as the numerous churches, including the Pieve di San Giovanni in Sugana, located at the end of a private road, where a few dozen of meters rises the Palagio, an ancient military sighting tower of 1100, which dominates the valley of the river Pesa, which in later centuries was enlarged and transformed first into a convent of nuns and then a farm. It belonged to the Corsini princes and hosted noble families and personalities such as Leonardo da Vinci.
The property is located in the heart of Tuscany at an easy distance from the region's important cities, the hinterland and the sea, such: San Casciano in Val di Pesa 5km, Florence 30km, Pisa 70km, Siena 60km; San Gimignano 45km, Lucca 70km, Volterra 65km, the sea of Viareggio 100km, Marina di Pisa 80km, Forte dei Marmi 110km.