In the lower part of the Val d'Elsa, there is this Cinta Senese breeding farm, located in the Municipality of Radicondoli, in the hamlet of Belforte, a charming town in the Sienese hills, between oaks and rivers that extends to the Chianti, Siena areas, quickly arriving at other suggestive Tuscan villages.
The company - with two farmhouses both with swimming pool and agritourism activities - covers a total 103 hectares of land divided as following: 30 hectares of arable land, 30 hectares of forest, 25 hectares of arboriculture land for growing wood, 2 hectares of olive groves and the rest of the land is pasture. About 63 hectares are fully closed with net cages and iron poles up to 2 meters high, protecting from boars and wolfs. Protected from the entry of hunters.
20 hectares out of the rest 40 are fenced in the same way and are divided in 5 different tree plots with cherry, walnut, maple, ash and locust. For irrigation there are two water sources within the company.
There are currently 400 breed pigs in the selection of “Cinta Senese”, with a screening of 600 head for next year. The “Cinta Senese” is a DOP Italian pig breed, a designation reserved exclusively for pork meat which was born, raised and slaughtered in Tuscany.T
DESCRIPTION OF LAND AND BUILDINGS:
- Farmhouse of 400 square meters, with three apartments, two of which are used as a farmhouse and one as the home of the entrepreneur.
- Independent farmhouse of 110 square meters with 13x6 swimming pool and irrigation lawn:
- Local for tourist reception tastings of farm products (70 sqm);
- Shed of 400 square meters divided into three departments: 225 square meters of agricultural shed, 60 square meters of room for tasting and 115 square meters of premises for the grinding of wheat. The company is in fact projected for the production of flour and pasta production.
- Machinery shelter, with a 340 sqm barn with 20 KW photovoltaic system;
The farm has all possibilities to increase its production up to three times remaining always within the organic production requirements. The main suggestion is to develop the retail and wholesalers’ sales as well as to find solid sales channels abroad.
The olive groves of the farm bring fruitful harvest. There is also a possibility to develop the rest of the land in order to expand the olive groves or to place a vineyard.